Article marketing is a good way to bring traffic to your website or blog. In fact, it’s the marketing tool of choice for many people because it’s free to do and can have some amazing results. But note that while writing articles is free in a monetary way, it will cost you your time. So make the most of your time with these article writing tips:
1. Put your keywords in your title and in the article or don’t bother writing it. That’s a strong statement but why write your article if no one is going to see it, let alone read it and click through to your site? Do you due diligence with some keyword research. You can buy keyword research or do your own using free tools such as Google’s Adword keyword tool.
2. Before you can get anyone to click on the link to your website, you have to encourage them to read your article. To start, you need to have a good title that will catch people’s interest. This may feel like you’re putting together a puzzle but you need the keywords as well a reason for them to want to read your article. What’s in it for them?
how to “How to ________ With This Simple Tool.”
a question “Are you Having Trouble With ___?”
tips for “Stop _____ With These 3 Tips.”
numbers “3 Ways to Increase Your _____”
story “I Found an Easy Way to ___, You Can Too!”
benefit “Is Your Dog Driving You Nuts? – Stop Barking Now!”
secret to “At Last, the Secret to ____”
mistakes “Your Lawn is Brown – Are you Making These Mistakes?”
You might have noticed these titles are all aimed at helping solve a problem.
3. While it’s true that article marketing is a numbers game – the more articles you have out there the more traffic you get to your site, it’s also true that you shouldn’t produce crap. What’s the point of a really short article that’s a bunch of poorly written fluff that says nothing? Would an article like that make YOU want to click on the link in their bio? So the answer is to put out quantity with quality.
4. It’s important to give information in your article, but don’t tell the reader everything. Leave them wanting a little so they’ll want to click through to your website to find out the rest of the story. There’s a fine line here, but you can get it with a little trial and error and practice.
5. Don’t put a conclusion in the body of your article. This is like saying “Well, nice talking with you, bye”. No, you want to let them know there’s more tantalizing info awaiting them at your website. Maybe you’ve just explained how to solve one problem in training their puppy, but you address all the other irritating puppy misbehaviors at your website. Telling them they can have something for free over at your site doesn’t hurt either. So no conclusion; but a call to action.
The above tips are meant to help you along in your article marketing. The bottom line is getting people to read your article and click on the link to your website. After that, it’s up to your website to convince them to buy something from you.
Copywriting Course: Become A Pro Copywriter Fast
Like to break into copywriting? Copywriters make high five figure incomes, even in their first year.
With Angela Booth’s easy online training, you write from home, and earn as you learn.
Learn copywriting online: it’s fun and easy.
Cash For Content – For New Writers
Enjoy Writing? Fast And Easy Cash In Your Pocket – Write From Home
The Web has opened up unlimited markets for writers, both new and established.
But if you’re completely new, the Web can seem like chaos. How do you find the Web sites which pay you just to write? These sites never advertise, because they don’t need to. So how do you find them?
I’ve got the solution for you. Imagine being paid to write: $10 to $50 and more per article, as a NEW writer.
Details in my new Cash For Content package.