Creating products which you can sell online is a lot of fun and it can be very profitable too. However one of the biggest challenges creators make is procrastination. They get an idea for a product and then instead of getting it out within a month, they dither and often it’s never completed.
Let’s look at a fast method for creating information products.
1. Create a Overall Plan, and Plans for Each Step of the Creation Process
Planning is essential. Once you’ve created your plans, chunk them down into small tasks which you can complete every day. Have a review once a week. This is especially important if you’re outsourcing some of the product creation work: graphic design, website creation and copywriting.
I like to set a deadline for the entire project, then I work backwards from that deadline and create plans for each stage of the project: creating the product itself, creating the sales page, writing the copy, and promoting the product.
2. Schedule Everything, and Remember Murphy’s Law
Murphy’s Law says that anything that can go wrong will go wrong, at the worst possible moment. Therefore, make sure you chunk down every plan you make, and schedule the processes carefully. I like to give myself a little leeway, leaving plenty of time for each task.
3. Start Promoting Before You Start Creating
If nobody knows about your information product, no one will be able to buy it. Therefore start promoting the product as soon as you get the idea. It’s easy to buy a domain name, and set up a blog.
If you write a couple of blog posts, by the time you’re ready to start work on the product your posts will be indexed, and you’ll get an audience of potential buyers.
Having your blog indexed helps when your sales page has been written too, because you can link directly to the sales page. I like to use blogs as hubs for all my projects, and I encourage you to try it.
Information product creation boils down to three simple steps: plan it, produce it, and sell it. Make your plans and complete your daily tasks, and not only will you eliminate procrastination, but you will give your product the best chance of success.
Build your writing career, step by step
Sell Your Writing Online NOW (SYWON) web writing training gives you highly marketable skills which will build your writing career for a lifetime.
You discover how to:
* Make great money writing simple Web articles
* Develop sites and blogs (using easy, free tools) which you can sell for 12 times their monthly earnings. (For example, if you create a small site which makes you $500 a month, you can sell it for $6,000 and more)
* Create ebooks which bring you in a passive income for years to come
* Develop a successful writing services practice — charge $250 an hour for your writing services
* and much, much more.
Start your new writing life today.